(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-6480638310261205", enable_page_level_ads: true });

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Why The Name 'LORD' Not 'Yahawah Is Used In The Bible?



"LORD" Mean Yahawah...In the old Hebrew Language...

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not onto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Now if my name is an original and great ... I would love for my follower to call unto me my real name...I will feel honored especially in an important document...

It All Started With The Children Of Israel Asking Moses who Save Them.Because They Was In Slavery So Long ...They Felt Like God Forgot Them...And They Ask Moses What Was The Name Of The God Saved Us...

And When Moses Told Them...The Children of Israel Knew It Was The LORD In Hebrew Meaning
 Yahawah...In old Hebrew...

In those days people spoke old Hebrew language and they call God "LORD" Meaning in Hebrew Name Yahawah... 

Exodus 3:13-16

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.


16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you





And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:Exodus 6:2

Isaiah 52:6 - Therefore My people shall know My name; Therefore they shall know in that day That I am He who speaks: `Behold, it is I.

Exodus;15 - Moreover Elohim said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: `Yahweh Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob, has sent me to you.
         
This Is My Name Forever, And This My Memorial To All Generations.

Why The Name 'LORD' Because It is Hebrew.  Pronounce ...Meaning Yahawah..

I read A lot of People Philosophy: This Man Matt Slick Seem To Break It Down Better.

Matt Slick Wrote:
5/9/09

Bibles us "Lord" instead of YHWH or Jehovah because of the practice begun by the Jews hundreds of years before Christ.  The Jews did not want to pronounce or mispronounce the name of YHWH out of reverence.

The all capital LORD is the representation of YHWH, the personal name of God.

In the Hebrew Old Testament, the word for “God” is Elohim.  God is also called “Lord,” which is a translation of the Hebrew Adonai.

They did not want to risk violating the commandment that says, "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain," (Exodus 20:7).

So, the Jews began substituting God's name (in Hebrew, "Lord") which is now Adonai.  This practice is followed today in English translations of the Bible to show reverence for the Holy Name.

Read More About Adonai
https://carm.org/questions-about-bible

Finally, since the early Hebrew text did not contain vowels but only consonants, it is not known exactly how to pronounce God's name.  So, LORD is substituted for YHWH.

If someone were to write out God's name in English Bibles, what exactly would be the name?



However, the special name of God that is given in Exodus 3:14 is YHWH, which is "I AM."
Exodus 3:14, “And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

The four letters YHWH are called the tetragrammaton and is sometimes written/pronounced Yahawah - a better pronunciation than Jehovah since there is no “j” in Hebrew.  But, we cannot be sure what the proper pronunciation really is.

Instead of risking a mispronunciation of God's incredibly holy name which he himself revealed to us, and since the true pronunciation is lost, modern Bibles today substitute "lord" and LORD for those terms. The small letters of "lord" are usually translated from the Hebrew adonai, which simply means lord.


Definitions

God...

The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity:

What Name Is More Great...? He Is Both...

Lord...

Someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler:
"lord of the sea" · "lord of the jungle" ·Lord of his People












                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

shofar horn